Traditional Christmas Decor
Please change one or more of your selections.
Create a festive backdrop for holiday gatherings with traditional Christmas decorations. Make your celebrations merry and bright with classic ornaments in shades of velvet, jade, gold, and pops of ivory for balance. Spread some cheer with iconic Christmas characters and symbols such as Santa Claus, reindeer, angels, and more.
What is a Traditional Christmas Theme?
The traditional decorating theme pays homage to all things that make Christmas warm and comforting. Travel back in time to the festive days of your past, while making new ones for the future. From red and green furnishings to Santa decorative accents, classic Christmas décor never go out of style.
Decorate your abode with traditional Christmas elements. Think snowman figurines or an oversized nativity set out on your lawn and artificial greenery in entryways. Embellish it with velvet ribbons, holly, and pinecones for a rustic look. Hang traditional wreaths and garlands on your front door and porch railings to give guests a warm welcome. Bring the cheerful spirit indoors by decorating banisters and columns with matching foliage.
Embrace the timeless elegance of traditional decorations with nutcrackers and Christmas stockings on your mantel. Create a focal point for the room by hanging a wreath over your fireplace. Alternatively, use it as a centerpiece for your dining table. An Advent calendar of a classic Christmas village or Santa's workshop will also be an interesting conversation starter with guests.
How Do You Decorate a Traditional Christmas Tree?
- Shape your tree – Begin by fluffing your tree upon unboxing. This is a necessary step to give it a lush and lifelike look before adorning it with traditional Christmas tree decorations.
- Gather your classic tree décor – Choose traditional Christmas ornaments in shades of red and green. Then, strike a balance in colors with pops of white and gold. Add whimsical accents like poinsettia flower picks and pinecone ornaments.
- String the lights – Start from the bottom of the tree and circle your way upwards, weaving in and out of the branches. Once you reach the top, plug in your lights and check your work. Make adjustments as necessary.
- Dress up your tree with ornaments – Hang larger decorations near the faux trunk to create depth. Then, add smaller ones and finials near the tips of the branches for a layered look. To add visual interest, cluster ornaments set pieces together for a seamless design. Alternatively, group pieces of complementary colors and textures for a bold statement. Add flair by styling your tree with a wired ribbon. Layer two ribbons that follow your classic Christmas color palette for a cohesive look.
- Finish it off with a tree topper and tree skirt – Polish your design with a star tree topper to pay homage to warm memories of Christmas past. Then, set the perfect backdrop for presents with a classic velvet tree skirt.
Fill your home with the comforting warmth traditional Christmas décor brings year after year. For more decorating tips, read our article on the Best Decorated Christmas Trees.