Thanksgiving Home Decorations
If you’re looking to elevate your holiday festivities this year, Balsam Hill’s Thanksgiving home decor collections feature elegant pieces that will help you set a memorable scene for family and friends. Read our tips below on how to decorate your home for Thanksgiving, from your front door to the dining table.
What are Common Decorations for Thanksgiving?
Traditional Thanksgiving decor revolves around the celebration of a bountiful harvest. Here are some key pieces to keep in mind:
- Thanksgiving wreath and garland – To keep with the harvest theme, choose ones that feature colorful fall leaves or accents like mini pumpkins, apples, and berry sprigs. Hang them on your front door and porch railings to create a warm welcome for guests. If you have a fireplace mantel, display a matching set and add various sizes of gourds and candles. In the dining room, use a garland in place of a table runner then nestle some decorative accents like faux fruits, flowers, and twigs.
- Thanksgiving centerpiece – Filled with various autumn flowers, fruits, and vegetables, a cornucopia is a timeless Thanksgiving centerpiece. This looks beautiful not just on the dinner table, but on coffee tables and buffets as well. You can also use a wreath as a centerpiece, with varying sizes of candles in the middle to add visual interest.
- Turkey figurines – The turkey is a classic Thanksgiving décor in many homes. Paired with autumn greenery and some candles, turkey figurines add countryside charm to your Thanksgiving home decorations.
- Pumpkin, gourds, and wheat stalks – These harvest staples add rustic elegance to any Thanksgiving setting. Arrange them by the front door or stack them in a wooden crate with other fall accents for a plentiful display.
- Candles – On their own or inside lanterns, candles create a welcoming atmosphere in any space. Display them in groups of varying heights on shelves, mantels, and tabletops to add warmth and cozy ambient lighting to the room.
How Do You Decorate a Table for Thanksgiving?
Gather around the table and celebrate a delicious feast with your loved ones. Here’s how you can make your Thanksgiving meal more special:
- Pick a color palette – Find inspiration from fall’s natural colors. Begin with muted shades of green, white, and brown in early autumn. As the season progresses, incorporate rich tones of red, orange, and yellow into the mix.
- Add themed accents – Use accents in the same theme to make your table décor interesting. For instance, if you brought out your gold cutlery for the occasion, add gold accents like gilded napkins or champagne-colored glasses to tie everything together.
- Place candles for warmth – Use candles to give your Thanksgiving tablescape an enchanting feel. Mix different types of candles like votives, tapers, and pillars for a creative look.
- Personalize your Thanksgiving table setting – Handwritten place cards add elegance to table settings. You can also place a sprig of rosemary or a small piece of fig on every plate to create a sophisticated vignette.
Create unforgettable memories and the perfect backdrop for your gatherings with Balsam Hill’s Thanksgiving decoration collection.
Thanksgiving Decor to Create an Intimate and Cozy Celebration
Find style inspiration for your Thanksgiving celebration from Michael of Inspired by Charm. Read more.
Updating Your Seasonal Decorations? How to Transition from One Season to the Next
Learn helpful tips on how you can switch home decorations from summer to fall. Read more.
5 Easy Fall Decor Ideas for Your Porch and Outdoor Spaces
Welcome the changing of the seasons with our guide to decorating your porch, patio, or yard for autumn. Read more.