When all the holiday festivities are over, it’s time to take down your Christmas tree and all its trimmings. Since these decorations make your holiday centerpiece come alive, they deserve proper care and storage spaces. Balsam Hill’s Christmas ornament storage solutions are thoughtfully designed to keep your cherished ornaments safe and protected so you can enjoy the magic they bring for years to come.
Considerations When Choosing Christmas Ornament Storage
When shopping for Christmas ornament storage boxes, bags, and chests, it’s best to purchase them together with your tree decorations so you already have a clear idea of what needs to be stored. If you already have existing ornaments at home, make sure to list them down so you know which kinds and how many ornament boxes or bags you’d be needing.
The best Christmas ornament storage should have compartments or separators for every bauble that you need to keep. This prevents ornaments which may be made from glass or other fragile materials, from bumping into each other and accidentally breaking. Storage containers should ideally have sturdy handles and wheels so it’s easy to move them from one room to another.
Caring and Storing Christmas Ornaments
Maintaining the beauty of your ornaments will save you time and money in the long run so it’s important to plan ahead before the season is over. Keeping them organized will also help you to decorate easily for the next season. Here are some tips to help you sort and store your Christmas tree decorations properly.
- When it’s time to take down the tree, get your ornament boxes and chests ready to use. Lay towels or plush blankets at the foot of your tree to provide cushion in case cushion any ornaments fall to the ground.
- Start removing ornaments from the bottom of your tree and work your way up. This will minimize the chance of dislodging and damaging ornaments.
- Carefully place ornaments one by one in their respective compartments inside your Christmas decoration storage box.
- For fragile ornaments, wrap each one in tissue paper or bubble wrap to ensure they’re protected while in storage.
- When possible, choose a large Christmas ornament box or chest to keep all your decorations in one place. If you have several Christmas decoration storage boxes, decide on whether to organize them by size, color, or style. Label each container and create a master list of its contents for easy reference.
- Store Christmas ornament storage boxes, bags, and chests in a cool and dry place. Choose locations that are not prone to extreme weather changes and humidity, which may ruin your ornaments. The best Christmas ornament storage areas are cabinets, under the bed, or in an unused room.
Keep your treasured baubles and trinkets in excellent shape year after year with Balsam Hill’s ornament storage boxes and chests. Complete your Christmas decoration storage set with our assortment of Christmas tree storage bags, wreath and garland storage bags, and multipurpose storage boxes.
For an in-depth guide on how to store your Christmas decorations, read our article here. Contact our Customer Service team for any questions about our products and services.