Christmas Tree Toppers & Angels
Please change one or more of your selections.
Crowning the Christmas tree with a decorative tree topper is a holiday tradition for many families. A Christmas tree topper is the perfect finishing touch to complete any Christmas tree display. Balsam Hill presents a selection of premium tree toppers so you can find the right one to suit your decorating theme or style.
Popular Christmas Tree Toppers
- Angel Tree Toppers are crafted by seasoned artisans in exquisite detail. These elegant figurines are usually dressed in richly colored robes made with luxurious materials. Their conical base typically fits the shape of treetops.
- Star Tree Toppers range from the classic 5-point star to more elaborate and unique designs. Our tree toppers are handcrafted with premium materials such as resin, wood, glass, metal, and capiz shells. They’re usually fitted with a mounting pole base.
- Bouquet Tree Toppers are arrangements composed of nature-inspired elements such as faux flowers, berries, leaves, assorted foliage, and sometimes decorated with sparkly details for an enchanting effect.
- Christmas Figure Tree Toppers feature well-loved characters like Santa Claus, Frosty the Snowman, and Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer as festive accents for your Christmas tree.
- Oversized Bow Tree Toppers are made of decorative fabric or ribbons artfully arranged to make a stylish statement on top of your holiday centerpiece.
- Finial Tree Toppers are elongated, finial-shaped toppers that add an elegant polish to decorated Christmas trees.
How to Choose the Perfect Christmas Tree Topper
- Take note of your ceiling height. The rule of thumb when choosing a tree topper is that its tip should have a distance of at least 5 inches from the ceiling. To make sure you get a perfectly sized topper, first measure the distance between the top of your tree and the ceiling. Subtract 5 inches from that measurement. The difference is the maximum height of tree topper you should get.
- Determine your decorating theme. Traditional decorating themes generally go well with classic tree toppers such as angels, stars, or Christmas figures. Contemporary themes usually look best with tree toppers that have sleek and modern designs. Let the overall theme of your Christmas tree guide you in choosing a complementary tree topper.
- Consider the height and profile of your Christmas tree. A small tree topper is ideal for trees 6 to 7 feet tall, while a large tree topper is ideal for 7-foot trees and up. The shape and size of your tree topper should complement the silhouette of your Christmas tree, not distract from it. Trees with a full profile look best with a star, angel, bouquet, or bow. Choose finial Christmas tree toppers or elongated toppers for Christmas trees with slimmer silhouettes.
- Check the weight of the topper. Lightweight Christmas tree toppers are usually made of paper, plastic, fabric, or fabric composites. Heavier toppers are usually made from metal, glass, or shells. Using a heavy tree topper could bend the branches of your tree top. While you can secure tree toppers with zip ties, make sure the tree tops stay in place with strong support using a tree topper stabilization kit.
A well-chosen Christmas tree topper will pull the whole look of your decorated tree together. Complete your holiday decorating set with Balsam Hill’s wide assortment of Christmas collectibles and premium home décor.