Indoor Christmas Wreaths
Nothing captures the essence of Christmas cheer like a beautiful wreath. This timeless decoration is festive and versatile, making it easy to display throughout your home. Whether you hang one on your front door, above the fireplace, or as a centerpiece on your dining table, an indoor Christmas wreath will surely add warmth and coziness to your living space.
Where To Hang Christmas Wreaths Indoors?
Before decorating, remember to check the durability and the weight-bearing capacity of any hooks or hangers you use. Below are some ideas on where to display wreaths indoors.
- Front Door Interior – Opt for an over-the-door hanger that fits over the top of the door, which allows you to hang the wreath without using nails. As an alternative, use a clear adhesive hook at your preferred height.
- Windows – For glass windows, clean the area before attaching a clear adhesive hook. On wooden frames, use small nails or removable hooks at the top to hang the wreath.
- Foyer – Break the monotony of a bare entryway with holiday greenery in your foyer. Use a wreath hook or hang it on a coat rack for a quirky touch.
- Fireplace Mantel – Use a removable hook or a nail to secure your wreath above the fireplace, then complement it with a garland draped over the mantel shelf.
- Dining Room – If you’re using the wreath as a centerpiece, lay it flat on the table and add candles or a flower arrangement in the middle. To decorate chairs, tie the wreath to the back using a ribbon.
- Staircase – To decorate along the railing, attach wreaths to the banister using ribbons or zip ties. If you want to hang wreaths against the baluster, you can use small hanger hooks to secure them.
- Kitchen Cabinets – Hang small wreaths on your kitchen cabinet handles or cupboard knobs to add a cheerful touch to your cooking space.
Indoor holiday wreaths are an easy addition to your home décor. Choose the right size, hang it up, and enjoy it for as many seasons as possible. Visit the Resource Center for more holiday decorating guides, tips, and ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions:
We answer more questions about wreaths for indoor décor below.
How Do I Choose the Right Size Wreath for My Space?
A common rule of thumb is to measure the width of your display area and subtract 12 inches to get an appropriate diameter for a standard-size wreath. For a more dramatic effect, choose a bigger wreath, but leave at least two inches of space on each side.
How Can I Hang a Wreath Without Damaging the Wall or Door?
Use removable adhesive hooks, over-the-door wreath hangers, or a ribbon to hang your wreath without causing damage. Make sure to choose a method that can support the weight of your wreath.
How Often Should I Change My Indoor Christmas Wreath?
It depends on the type and durability of your greenery. Artificial wreaths can last many seasons if stored properly, while you need to replace fresh wreaths annually. To make their beauty last longer, we recommend displaying wreaths for up to three months per year.