Welcome the season of change with fall garlands. Decorate your home with fall's vibrant hues. Add warmth to spaces with faux autumn garlands and other arrangements. Elevate the look of your tables, mantel, and staircase with a vivid artificial fall garland.
Where Do You Put Fall Garlands?
- Entryways–Create a warm welcome for guests by displaying a fall door garland on your front door or porch railings. This is also a quick way to draw their attention and lead them into your lovely home. For exterior lounge spaces, use the same foliage as décor to make a statement with minimal effort.
- Dining areas–Share intimate meals with your loved ones more often this season. Elevate your tablescape with a delightful autumn leaf garland Drape it along the table for a simple display. For longer tables, connect one or two more so the ends hang off the edge for visual interest. Use pre-lit fall garland décor or flameless candles to add a soft glow.
- Fireplace mantel– Autumn garlands on mantels are a classic look for a reason. Showcase one that complements the color of your hearth. Or pair it with a matching wreath for an interesting focal point. Add harvest-inspired fall décor like pumpkins, wheat stalks, and apples for a charming look.
How Do You Hang Garlands?
- Use adhesive hooks–Clean the area then line up the hooks, making sure to have ample space in between. Make sure to have enough support in the middle and on each end of your fall leaf garland. After securing the hooks, wait for a few minutes before hanging your garland. This is to make sure that the adhesives are properly attached. Most decorators consider this technique the most practical option as they are easily removed and repositioned. Hooks work well on doors, walls, and even staircases. Clear ones are also available for large mirrors and windows.
- Secure with a nylon fishing line–Ideal for staircase banisters and railings, wrap the cord around one end of the garland and the top of the banister. Once you've secured it with a knot, repeat the process until you've reached the other end of the garland. A few benefits of using this material are that it is strong, versatile, and quite invisible from a distance.
- Tie a ribbon or twine–Wrap the ribbon around the ends and the middle of your fall garland. Find a surface with a hook then hang it up. This technique is also used when hanging fall arrangements with craft wires. They are not only functional but can also serve as a style element.
- Use a garland hanger–Mount your metal hanger and adjust it according to your door's width. Loop your garland over the center and corners of your hanger. Take a step back and make necessary adjustments until you achieve your desired look. Balsam Hill® has garland hangers that are available for single and double doors.
Revel in autumn's cornucopia of colors with unique fall garlands. Find the perfect Balsam Hill artificial fall garland for your home this season. Browse our outdoor-safe foliage when decorating exterior spaces. For more expert decorating tips, read the article below next.
Wreaths & Garlands: Your Ultimate Guide to Faux Greenery
Discover other types of greenery that you can decorate your home with for fall. read more.