Simple Setup Artificial Christmas Flip Tree®
Find your perfect tree
with a Branch Sample Kit.
Please change one or more of your selections.
Get to the festivities faster with a Balsam Hill quick-set Christmas tree. Our exclusive, patented Flip Trees® are designed with innovative features for the utmost convenience and realism. Read on to learn more about Flip Trees®, including how to assemble and store them for the off-season.
What is a Flip Trees®?
The Balsam Hill Flip Tree® is a thoughtfully designed tree that makes setup simple and efficient. Inventor Bruce Schooley designed the concept to address the challenges of lifting, assembling, and storing heavy artificial Christmas trees. The patented technology streamlines the process so that the only section you need to carry is the lightweight treetop.
What Makes the Flip Tree® Different?
Aside from realism and convenience, here are other features that make Balsam Hill Flip Trees® one-of-a-kind.
- Fewer pieces involved
With only two main parts, these are easy Christmas trees to assemble. You only need to flip the base and attach the treetop, then shape the branches and decorate away.
- VARIOUS LIGHTING OPTIONS
Available in a range of light options, our pre-lit Flip trees also come with Easy Plug setup wherein the light strings are connected within the trunk. Simply plug in the tree to an outlet to turn on the lights.
- BUILT-IN ROLLING STAND
The rolling metal stand has lockable 360-degree wheels, so you can just roll the tree in and out of the room with minimal effort.
- Comes together in minutes
Our quick-set Christmas trees are easy to put up and take down. This leaves more time for decorating and enjoying the holidays with loved ones.
How Do You Set Up a Flip Trees®?
Follow these steps to assemble your Balsam Hill Flip Trees®.
- Roll the tree base to your desired location and lock down the wheels to secure the stand.
- Locate the flip path indicator arrow at the top of the pole. Use it to check the direction where the tree flips.
- Place one hand on the flip pole, then carefully flip the tree upside down by pulling in the direction of the arrow towards you.
- Insert the top section into the pole of the base. If you have a taller tree, the top may come in 2 parts.
How Do You Take Down a Flip Trees®?
Proper care and storage of your Flip Tree® allows you to enjoy its beauty for years to come. Here's how to do it:
- Unplug the tree or your string lights and remove all your Christmas decorations.
- Lift the treetop off the base section.
- Flip the tree base back to its original position.
- Unlock the front wheels, so you can roll the tree to your storage area.
- Place the different sections into storage bags to keep for the next season.
Read our in-depth guide to learn more about Balsam Hill Flip Trees®. Sign up for our newsletter if you’d like to be notified of our latest promotions, sales, and new arrivals. For decorating inspiration, visit our Resource Center or request a copy of our catalog.
All About Flip Trees®: The Balsam Hill Guide
Choosing an Artificial Christmas Tree: The Ultimate Buyer's Guide
Christmas Tree Size Guide: How to Choose the Perfect Height and Shape
What effect are you going for?
Get the timeless look of traditional lights that stay lit for 3,000+ hours.
- Clear (pictured)
Enjoy the same warm glow as traditional lights with bulbs that won’t burn out.
- Candlelight™ LED (pictured)
- Multi LED
- Color+Clear™ LED
Create a stunning display bathed in delightfully small energy-efficient LEDs.
- Clear Micro LED (pictured)
UltraBright Micro LED
Select a small but powerful LED to make your Christmas brighter than ever.
- Clear UltraBright Micro LED (pictured)
LED Fairy Light
Create holiday magic with tiny sparkles of light and nearly invisible fine wires.
- Clear LED Fairy Lights (pictured)
Twinkly Light Show
Choose striking preset effects or customize your own show—right from the app.
- Twinkly Light Show LED (pictured)
Fiber Optic Light Show
Animate dazzling clusters of multicolored fiber optic lights at the touch of a button.
- Fiber Optic Light Show LED (pictured)
Complement your Holiday Décor.
Dress up any style with beautiful lights that are sure to make it picture-perfect.
Pictured: Candlelight™ Clear LED
Make your holly jolly decorations extra cheery with a festival of holiday colors.
Pictured: Multi LED
Color + Clear™
Choose clear, multicolored or both to suit your mood. Plus, enjoy 30% more lights.
Pictured: Color+Clear™ LED
Decide how easy you want to make it.
(for prelit trees)
Like traditional Christmas tree lights, the pre-strung strands plug into each other.
(for prelit trees)
With light connectors inside the trunk, just plug it into the wall and voilá.
Pictured: Candlelight™ Clear LED with Easy Plug™
(for unlit trees)
Outlets are conveniently embedded in the trunk — add as many lights as you wish.