Artificial flower wreaths and garlands make decorating easier because of their versatility and long-lasting beauty. Learn more about using faux flower garlands and wreaths to dress up your home any time of the year.
What are the Benefits of Using Artificial Flower Wreaths and Garlands?
- Always in Season. Most fresh flowers are available only during certain seasons. Faux florals allow you to display your favorite blooms and enjoy them all year round.
- Long-lasting. Artificial florals and garlands never wilt nor dry. With proper care, they will look fresh season after season. Some faux florals like Balsam Hill’s Outdoor Spring Wreaths and Garlands even have UV protection, so their colors stay vibrant longer.
- Safe and allergen-free. Our faux florals are crafted from hypoallergenic and non-toxic materials, making them the safer choice for those with allergies and pets.
- Low-maintenance. Artificial floral displays look stunning day in and out without the need for water or sunlight.
- Cost-effective. Investing in high-quality artificial florals is more practical in the long run. Save costs and effort on buying fresh blooms from time to time.
- Versatile. Artificial floral wreaths and garlands can be combined to create countless designs. Arrange them with real flowers and other types of greenery for a realistic display.
How Do You Choose Artificial Flower Garlands and Wreaths?
With a wide array of faux florals to choose from, it can be challenging to decide. Focus on these top considerations to narrow down your search:
- Color Palette. Select wreaths and garlands that will complement the overall look of the space. Choose Neutral-Colored Florals or go for Bright-Colored Florals depending on your design style or color scheme.
- Location. Floral accent displays brighten up any area. Wreaths and garlands are usually placed on front doors and mantels. Outdoor flower arrangements add a welcoming touch to your porch, patio, and other al fresco areas. Meanwhile, spring floral wreaths look great on a window or above a console table. Use flower garlands on staircase banisters, archways, or long tables.
- Size. Knowing where you want to place your faux greenery will help determine the wreath or garland size you need. Balsam Hill wreaths range from 18 to 60 inches in diameter. Garlands range from 5 to 10 feet long and can be linked together if needed. Below are our tips on choosing the right one for your desired space:
Floral wreaths are often used to decorate doors. Get the right size by measuring the door’s width first, then subtract 12 inches. The difference should be the size of your wreath. This leaves about six inches of space between the outside of the wreath and the edges of your door. If you want a dramatic effect, choose a bigger wreath but make sure to have at least two inches of space from the door edges.
- 18 to 26 inches – The most common wreath size used for standard doors measuring 30 to 36 inches wide. For double doors, hang one wreath of this size on each door.
- 28 to 32 inches – Ideal if you want a slightly oversized wreath on your standard door for a dramatic effect.
- 36 to 42 inches – Suitable for oversized doors and for decorating windows or large fireplace mantels.
- 48 to 60 inches – Recommended for walls with high ceilings and wide spaces.
Balsam Hill’s artificial spring floral garlands fit many areas of your home, including doors and archways. Connect two or more garlands to make a longer one. If you plan to decorate a pillar, it’s best to use a garland twice as long as the pillar’s height. For mantels and tables, allot at least two feet on each end so it drapes perfectly on the edges.
- 5 to 7 feet – Best length for standard doors and mantels.
- 8 to 10 feet – Ideal for decorating double doors, wide archways, and long dining tables.
Enjoy the vibrant beauty of nature with Balsam Hill’s stunning artificial floral décor. Browse our collection of Faux Spring Greenery Garlands, Topiaries, and Premium Home Décor to find the perfect accents for your home.
Request a catalog to get design inspiration for each season. For questions or concerns about our products, please get in touch with our Customer Service Team.